E3 2015 is just a matter of weeks away which means that we are entering the season of rumors and speculation. One of the biggest news of this year was that Nintendo would no longer be showcasing the upcoming Legend of Zelda Wii U title. While this announcement came as quite a shock to many, we now have some information that may contradict Nintendo’s earlier approach towards the game.
The following information is for all intents and purposes unconfirmed, but we have received reports that Nintendo will still be revealing quite a bit of Zelda Wii U information at E3 through the means of interviews and roundtable discussions. A fan of our site, only identified as an employee of GameStop, has provided The Hidden Triforce with information, albeit still a rumor at this time, that is sure to get any Legend of Zelda fan excited for the upcoming conference.
To reiterate, the following information is in no way confirmed and should only be treated as a rumor until we can validate the facts. These details were allegedly discussed within a casual conversation between the GameStop employees and the store’s Nintendo representative.
- Zelda Wii U, while previously pushed from the E3 event list will still make some kind of an appearance. Official art and a trailer will be shown. Nintendo changed their mind as in attempt to sustain momentum for their Wii U console.
- Zelda Wii U will work with several different Amiibo models. Using an Amiibo will provide Link with a daily item that he can use. For instance, Link can be given a fairy or a potion-like power-up. This ability can only be used once a day.
- Zelda Wii U will support both the GamePad and the Wii U Pro Controller.
- There will be a form of fast travel within the game. The overworld is so large that riding a horse or walking simply is not feasible later in the game. While Epona has been shown to avoid obstacles on her own, fans would quickly grow weary of sitting around waiting. Nintendo wants to avoid complaints similar to the sailing in The Wind Waker.
- Ganondorf/Ganon will not be the main villain. Similar to Skyward Sword, there will be some kind of connection to the game’s main lore, but a new foe will appear.
- The Wii U GamePad controller will allow gamers to scan the environment and to take notes to be referenced later.
- The game will feature a lot of “darker” themes, similar to what we saw in Majora’s Mask. NPC will have a more icons role than some of the recent titles. There will be more of an emotional connection.
- While not surprising, the game will have different sets of overworld enemies for night and day times.
- Zelda Wii U will feature Gorons. Zoras have not been seen yet, but there will be at least 2 new “races”.
In addition to the Zelda Wii U news, we have also been provided with some details regarding other Nintendo titles that will be shown at E3. The information is as follows:
- Nintendo will reveal a new Mario title. There have been some murmurings revolving around a return to Isle Delfino for a Mario Sunshine 2.
- A new Metroid game will be revealed for the Wii U.
- The already confirmed Star Fox game will include both space and land sequences. It will also have online multiplayer, in a game style similar to Star Fox 64 battle mode.
What do you think of these rumors? Do you think we will see any of them coming true at E3 2015? What are you most excited to see from Nintendo this year? Let us know in the comments below.